Thursday, October 02, 2008

Published Today!

I'm in the middle of writing a longer post about the whereabouts of Newbury Castle, which I'll post the middle of next week just prior to the publication of A PLACE BEYOND COURAGE in paperback. But in the interim I am delighted to say that it's official publication day for THE TIME OF SINGING and it's featured as Historical book of the month at the Books Monthly website here.
http://www.booksmonthly.co.uk/historical.html
My publishers have very kindly sent me a bottle of Moet & Chandon, so I will be toasting Roger Bigod and Ida de Tosney this evening.

In other news, a reader wrote to me to tell me he'd been studying a particular genealogy and it turns out that my beloved Marshal men, John and William are the several times great grandfathers of two fascinating and famous Tudor women - Anne Boleyn and Elizabeth I. How interesting. Blood will out I guess!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations! i can't wait to read the book :)

Carla said...

Congratulations!

Gabriele Campbell said...

And there's the entire head on the cover. :)

Congrats on the release.

Jane Henry said...

Brill! Can't wait to read it. And I know the Tudors AREN'T your thing, but given that they ARE mine, and you've made me love William Marshal (sorry haven't got to John yet!) that's a connection I rather likexxx

Katherine said...

Congratulations!! Can't wait to read it. It's already gotten a good reader review on Amazon.co.uk:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R2ZACH5VQY6Z8A/ref=cm_cr_dp_cmt?%5Fencoding=UTF8&ASIN=1847440975&nodeID=266239#wasThisHelpful

Tess said...

Ooooh - congratulations!!! Is it still as exciting each time?

And how lovely of your pub to send you the Moet!!

I'll have to check to see when it will be pubbed here on this side of the pond :)

Tess said...

Me again - wow, it will be here before Christmas. I know what will be tops on my list!

Carla said...

Congratulations! Looking forward to reading it

Satima Flavell said...

Congratulations on another baby, Elizabeth! And you know, John and William are almost certainly in your tree, too. Even though the boys left no heirs, William's daughters were prolific breeders. They are all in my tree, and I only have one line (on the wrong sside of the blanket, of course!)linking me to the medieval nobility. If you have time to do your own tree in between your marvellous books, you could well find a link back to not only the MARSHALL tribe but the BIGODS and lots of other fascinating people, too. All you need is one link into the medieval nobility and voila - you're suddenly related to half the characters in Shakespeare's histories, just for a start.:-)

Holly said...

Congratulations congratulations!

Holly
www.wondersandmarvels.com

Kemberlee said...

Congratulations on the new book being published. Can't wait to pick up a copy. Lovely recreation of Stitching the Standard by Edmund Blair Leighton.